Support Betty's Only

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Today was a Good Day!


First of all, I will say that I have been getting sells, but not via http://www.bettysonly.etsy.com/. People have been making verbal requests for specific candles for a variety of occasions. I am excited about that. Currently, I am making bridal shower gifts for my friend. I was asked today about making some floaters and a gift bag for a graduation party. Also, someone called and asked for 2 gifts bags for $15 a piece so things are exactly looking up for my candle business. I am so motivated and determined to make this thing work. I mean it has been 14 years in the making really. I am not going to be my worst enemy in this situation. Yesterday, I contacted Indie Fixx.com about ad space and having a shop on the site. She responded, now I am waiting to see if I can have a shop on the site for the month of June. I forgot that I have to make V-Lites for a friend of mines grandmother and aunt. So things are looking up. O ya, I did make a sale of 3 candles on Etsy, even if it was from my mom. She also made a request for 2 Burning Hearts, jasmine fragrance in purple. Ya!!!!!! Betty's Only is on a roll.


My next steps are to design my brochure, get a professional photographer, and get some bags with my logo on the front. Another thing that I need for my business is packaging that represents Betty's Only. Eventually, when I get my own website I will move toward candle accessories. I am on the move and very thankful for the support and love that I have received from everyone in my inner circle. These people believed in me when I was just playing around. Now is the time to take the ball rolling and make Betty's Only the success that I know it can be. I will no longer be my worst enemy, but be a supporter of myself.


I make candles because I enjoy the way it makes me feel, it is very relaxing. When people smell them, see them, and ask me to create candles for them, I am overjoyed. Making Betty's Only candles is a way to express myself and to give people something that they can enjoy and give to others. It is funny that many people do purchase them and never use them. I don't understand that, well, I take that back I do understand. The candle that they have from me is something special and they don't want to damage something that is special to them. For me, it is a candle that is to be burned because that is what it is made for. Overall, I am elated that they would even consider purchasing a candle from me whether it is for their homes, a gift, or for relaxation.


2 comments:

Rose DesRochers said...

Betty I think your candles are very nice. Please get in touch with me through my feedback form.

bettysonly said...

Thank you Rose for the positive feedback! I look forward to interacting with you throughout my journey and I know that I can learn a thing or two from you! Thank you for leaving me a message!

Betty's Only

Trend Watch