Support Betty's Only

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am Doing my Part





I didn't post yesterday because I was up late trying to figure out how to insert Adsense codes into my blog, but as you see the only thing that did work was the Google Search Engine. The big space at the top is supposed to be an ad, that has not generated yet or is not going to appear at all. Who knows? I have been on forums inquiring about the length of time it takes for the ads to appear and I can not seem to get a definite answer. I have found a few minutes to 48 hours. I will wait and see. I know with this site if the code is inserted wrong it will not let it go through. So again, I don't know if it is me, the ads, or what. I will just have to wait and see.

On a lighter note, I have been socializing with others via http://www.stumbleupon.com/ and other sites trying to see how it is done. I have found a variety of interesting sites. The layouts are cool, the ads are in place, and the people are coming. So now, I have to find my niche in this industry. Honestly, it is coming along and I know that anything that is worth having takes some time to achieve. I am just glad that I have finally picked up the ball to get this thing rolling. That push has finally come from that invisible hand. Or maybe my mind was not ready to handle the success that I am about to achieve. Whatever it maybe I am ready to get it done!

Orders have been coming left and right, but not via http://www.bettysonly.etsy.com/. That is alright because I am able to have a shop in July on http://www.indiefixx.com/ and waiting to find out if I am able to advertise with them too. Thanks Jen! As for Etsy, I am going to upload some more candles and send the word out via email. Like I stated before I am ready for the world to know about Betty's Only and how great the candles are. With Etsy, I have to get some professional photos or have an image that may not be the candle, but something that represents the candle. I don't know. Eventually, I want to be a featured seller on there home page, I think that is so cool. I will happen and sooner then I may think. Believe in myself and the company and it will happen.

I took some candles to work to show someone and I got 4 orders for custom made candles. Today, we had a visitor in the building and he bought candles from me as well. Socializing is the key and sometimes it is not what you know, but who you know.

At first, I was nervous about the blog and getting traffic to it, but people are slowly finding it and leaving comments. I thought I was never going to get a comment, but I did :). I am so thankful! I have spent time reading up on how to promote blogs and I think that I am slowly grasping the concept.

There are so many things that need to be done for this company. I bought gift bags and tissue paper today, because I have been going to my mother's house getting her bags and tissue paper. Next, a must update brochures, create labels for all candles, and start working on my own website. Those are just a few things that need to be done for this company. All things will eventually fall in place. I must continue to believe in myself and my worth.

Thanks to everyone that has posted a message to me! Stick with me and I promise you will witness the fruits of my labor!

2 comments:

Afrnd4life said...

Hi Willetta!! I really enjoyed reading your blog posts. You are a determined young lady and I know you will be successful in your business endeavors. We need to start a blog for teachers next year. Anyway, have a blessed weekend!!

bettysonly said...

Thank you for reading my blog! I have hit the ground running and am thankful for all of the support that I have. Please keep up with www.bettysonly.blogspot.com to see all of the growth which is on its way.

A teacher blog would be great if everyone would pay into it.

Trend Watch