Support Betty's Only

Sunday, May 18, 2008

How to promote my candle business


I have been a member of Etsy since December 2007, but did not start selling until April 2008. I am very motivated, but still do not know my way around. I have been looking at other candle sites on Etsy and do not know what I can do to sell more candles. My nitch is candles and what I see is that many sellers are selling other things then candles. I am very motivated and just want to get my candles out for the world to see. I have been doing this for a long time and realize that my personality is not as motivated and persistant as it should be. Today, I uploaded two more candles. A friend of mine said that I should put them in other settings so people can see them in another light. I did this now let's see the outcome. I have sold 9 items on the site, but know I have the potential to sell more. The thing about my candles is that they are unlike other candles. I make them to be creative and they do not follow specific guidelines. I enjoy making them because it is relaxing and people like them and enjoy the fragrances. Starting today, I will do something different to support my candle business. Everyday is a new day and it is up to me to make the best of it. To be honest, it disappointed me not to get sales and to be truthful the sales I did get were from people that knew me. I want to sell to people that like my candles, but also to people all over the world.

Another thing I have a friend that sells food and he suggested bringing some candles there to sell. I am ready, but I think that I am scared of success.

http://www.bettysonly.etsy.com/
bettsyonly@netbusiness.com

No comments:

Trend Watch