Support Betty's Only

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Day



Today is the same thing, no sells. But what I did do was send an inquiry to Indie Fixx.com to see what I could do to advertise and/ get a shop on the site. I am really determined to get this thing moving. Last night I stayed up trying to figure out how to get http://www.bettysonly.etsy.com/ and http://bettysonly.blogspot.com/ to the front of the search engine. I don't know how to do it. What I can say is that when I type in Betty's Only I get the expired domain name and the date is expired. Whoa is me! You know this thing can really get a person down, but I refuse to get done. I have to see this through. I also uploaded an image of a Picasso candle to Google Base to see if that helps with sales. We will see. This make day 2 of my blog and no hits, comments, negative motivation nothing. Maybe this will be a thing for me to just type out my feelings and what steps I take to get my candle business off the ground. I went to find out about putting the candles at the place I mentioned yesterday and I have to be there. I really don't have time to do that. I also forgot that I had a Tradekey account too. I started that a few years ago. I am tired and doing just a little when it comes to my candle sales. I want to do so much more. Also, yesterday at the book store there was an article of this women that is selling over 6 million dollars in candles yearly. Ok, first I need some displays, do some shows here and there, and put the word out about my product. One thing is for sure I am proud of the people that have supported me when I asked them to purchase a candle here and there to give me some sells. Thank you for trusting in my product and given me the push that I need. I think that really, I am my worst enemy. That really needs to change. Like I did with my Etsy site I am going to do this with my blog add it to my favorites on http://www.stumbleupon.com/. Maybe someone will stumble upon it and send me a post. I just need one post something so that I don't feel like such a loser. Also, I went to the flea market to check it out. There was someone selling candles, but they were single colored and in glasses. Nothing like what I design. I am not hating, it is good that they were taking a step to promote their product. Maybe I could learn something. I will be here daily if I can to talk about all of my ends and outs of my journey to promote Betty's Only A Candle Company. If there are any suggestions, positive or negative please give them to me. They will gladly be appreciated and taken to better myself and my products.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that you will be successful, just keep up the good work. Surround yourself with positive people. Do the things that you have stated you will do and socialize, this is always a good one. I will check to see what you have accomplished. Just keep up the good work, you have to start somewhere.

Jubie said...

Betty! Keep up the good work! Grow and learn! You'll do well! Think no other way! Having a good day is the only option in life! Have a good day everyday!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! http://blog.food2gro.com Thanks for visiting my site too! www.food2gro.com! Keep growing! Also, why don't you join blog catalog? It is a great group of bloggers! You'll learn a lot about blogging and promoting your lovely candles!

bettysonly said...

Jubie,
Thank you for the motivation. I really need that. I have really being trying to promote my business and seem to be hitting many road blocks. Thanks for the encouragment and I will check out the sites that you mentioned.

www.bettysonly.etsy.com

Rose DesRochers said...

Betty success takes time. Nothing happens over night. Join my community bloggertalk.net and I can give you some advice on getting your blog seen.

Rose
http://rosedesrochers.todays-woman.net

Anonymous said...

It is inspiring to see you pursue your dream and your goal. Your heart is big and I know you will be very successful in the candle making business. You know what it takes to make and you need to keep believing in your self. I can totally understand "get out of my own way", and just do it. In so many ways we are our own worst enemies and it is hard for us to see when we are knocking ourselves down. Your success will come when you understand who you are and understand what's in your way. This is when you will begin to "get out of your way, and do it.

bettysonly said...

That is so true, I am thankful for the support and direction that my true friends give. Your words are true and dear to my heart! I will no longer be my worst enemy. Since I have created this blog I have really been pushing myself to do better with my business. I am honored when I am asked to create candles/candle gifts for various occasions. This tells me that others trust in my abilities and I have shown that I am able to complete the task. Thanks for leaving a message and I will no longer be my worst enemy :)

Trend Watch