Support Betty's Only

Monday, May 26, 2008

Setting Weekly Goals


Today is another day as usual, but today I made a goal list only for this week. The goals that I have set pertaining to Betty's Only are to complete: the Candle Burners for Hervey's Bridal Shower, Colossal for one of my co-workers, 3 Shining Diamonds for another co-worker, 3 V-Lite Samplers for a friend, and the 2 Burning Hearts for my mother. I have been working on the Candle Burners for a while, I had to get the specific colors correct, now I have to put them in the tulle with the bow. The only other thing is I have to get with Hervey for her to choose the decoration for the labels. I will post the Candle Burners and the V-Lite Sampler once they are complete. Another goal is to post on at least 5 blogs a day. This should generate traffic to my blog (hopefully). I think this blog thing is cool. It allows me to release and write my true feelings about my business and anyone anywhere can read it and post comments. This technology thing is really neat. I never thought I would be into this, but I am now and I will see where it takes me. Not just for my readers, but it archives my posts. This will allow me to actually see the journey as it moves forward. I bought 10 gift bags and tissue paper the other day, when I sell, I purchase more products for the business. My next purchase will be 3 new molds, 2 more fragrances, and prefabricated cotton wicks for the votives. I will defiantly take it slow, but do all I can to get my candles out to the general public. I did post on 5 blogs today, there are so many blogs available, its crazy. I hope to find my niche in this industry, no I take that back I will find my niche in this industry. I will not beat up myself with negative tones. I will be a success and Betty's Only will be known for its fabulous candles. In the next few days, I will make a movie of me creating candles. I just might put them on you tube. That is scary, but I will upload them to my blog. So, that is the latest in my journey, still no sells and Etsy.

I would like to thank Rose DesRochers of http://www.todays-woman.net/ for letting Betty's Only be the gift for the winner of the Mother's Day writing contest. I am sending the winner a Vessel of Aroma for winning. On her site she has put that the candle is provided by Betty's Only A Candle Company. That is a step in the right direction. I have to step out on faith and get it done. I am capable of doing anything that I put my mind to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for working hard on my candles for the bridal shower. I know they will be beautiful as the candles were for the baby shower you did almost a year ago. Everyone loved the candles and they wanted to know who did the candles. The baby powder scent fit perfectly for the occasion. Thanks for a job well done. I love your candles and the scents you put in them. "Berry juicy" will fill up your entire room. Job well done, I am so proud of you!!!

bettysonly said...

You are so welcome, I am just overjoyed that you asked me to make them for you. The baby shower was a blessing as the bridal shower gifts. This let's me know that you trust in my abilities and I am able to get Betty's Only up and running and out to the world. Thanks for the support. Berry Juicy is running low and I need to see if I can find it before I actually run out.

Trend Watch