Support Betty's Only

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Really Really Trying


Greetings All,

It has been a busy few days. I have learned more about blogs and web pages than I have ever known. I have been making candles for the bridal shower, custom made candles for clients, and 2 jasmine fragranced Burning Hearts for mom. So overall, I have been working on promoting my business and making candles all at the same time. I will do better and post new messages daily or at least every other day. I must keep it interesting.

First, I have added meta tags to my blog, added http://www.bettysonly.blogspot/ and http://www.bettysonly.etsy/ to search engines to be crawled in about 7 days. To be honest, I really don't know what all of this means. I take that back I do. When I search for Betty's Only on the net I get no search results, well I do get search results, but it is nothing relevant to my company. I have looked on other blogs and candle sites to see what they are offering and I feel like no, I know I can compete. It is a matter of getting it out to the people. I can't solely depend on my family and friends to make this thing successful. IAll though, I am thankful for the support and interest. It is going to take me putting my all into promoting my business and making it interesting so that they will want to read more of my journey. I must make it worth your while and mine.

I have added this blog to so many search engines that it is ridiculous and I am not done. At some point, I got tired of creating a new user name and password, but if this is what it takes to make it, I will continue. What I want for Betty's Only is to be a world reknowned candle company, that is unlike any other. Betty's Only candles are for all people and can be given at all occasions. The candles that I make are unique and no two are alike (unless that's how you want them). I make them with love and for each individual person. When the candle is made I don't know who will chose it, it is for that owner to decide which candle is right for them at that particular moment. My candles are memorable, colorful, and fun. I would love for people to ask for the candles by the names they are given. For instance Shining Diamond, Picasso, Orb. These candles have been given names to represent them so the client can remember and ask for them by name.

Friday, I contacted several photographers to take professional photos of my candles. I have appointments Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss my plans with the pictures. I am really looking forward to this meeting. Having professional photos will give me a chance to compete in the industry. I have been taking my own photos and they look alright, but I know having a professional will allow the candles to be in specific settings and my clients can see what my candles are capable of. Also, have professional photos will give me an opportunity to develop a catalog, that is still in the making, but it will be done. First, the photos give Betty's Only its own face on the web. Betty's Only own website. I must find out what domain names are available, but this should be up and running before August 2008.

I have just been feeling anxious, excited, and nervous all at the same time. It seems like there is not enough time in the day. I have learned a lot about this industry and about myself. I have discovered that I can not stay focused for more than 2 weeks on any given project, but that all is about to change. I started Betty's Only not for the love of money, but for the love of making candles. To show people my product, have them enjoy the designs, colors, and fragrances just is an overstatement of emotions for me. I am modest in even saying that I make these candles. The people that have purchased my candles tell me how much they enjoy them. Some don't even use them, they are just for decoration. Others have sent them all over the United States as gifts. I am so thankful for the support and love that I have received over the years. It is funny how I haven't seen someone in a long time, but they will ask are you still making candles. Of course the answer is yes, but I am not using it to its full potential. There is so much more that I plan to do with this business. The possibilities are endless.

My next steps are to finish the bridal shower candles and the other candles. Work on doing some advertising on various sites. Continue to socialized on a variety of sites. Create and distribute business cards and matchbooks. I will also have to partner with a company to create packaging.

So much to do and all the time in the world to get it done. I will do it trust it.
Thanks to all that have read my blog! Check back with it to witness the growth.

3 comments:

muralimanohar said...

Wow..you are really going for it in the blog business! lol Your candles look nice...do they smell really good, too?

Oh, and I have been reading ProBlogger for tips on improving my blog, though he is more geared to people really making a go of blogging, versus me, just goofing around...but maybe he would be good for you??

bettysonly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bettysonly said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, I have checked out Problogger and it is really helpful. It gives many tips to help with building your blog, I will use it to help build my blog. Thanks!

Trend Watch