Support Betty's Only

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Encouragement Comes from Where You Least Expect It

Today was somewhat a dramatic day. A car got stolen from my drive way with keys to the house on the key ring. Johnathan came over to change the locks for me. We hung out all day. He came into my candle room and started talking about how I have money just waiting to be made. That was crazy to me. I begin explaining that I have been making candles, but am not doing too well selling them. He said that the time now is to make candles and build inventory. I should have at least 1000 candles. At that point, the packaging should be right, and the process complete. Meaning, the website up and running (making sells), brochure, order form, professional photos, price list, and have done a couple of craft shows.

That entire conversation put much in perspective for me. I felt all warm and cozy inside. He also said that a beneficial part of my making candles is that I enjoy making them. I make them not to receive a profit. The profit will come later once the entire process is complete. I look forward to the growth and seeing how the company matures.

Thanks Johnathan, I really needed this encouragement and motivation. I am maturing and I am proud to be the owner and Creator of Betty's Only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Encouragement is sooo important, I'm glad you have someone in your corner. :-)

bettysonly said...

I am too, it is just funny how inspiration is always there and we just don't see it. It is in the people we see and the things we do. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Trend Watch