Support Betty's Only

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Road to Success


The road to success seems to be hard and somewhat discouraging. I have been trying and honestly I have, but it seems to no reason. Still no sales on Etsy. The time has passed because I have complete all of the orders that I had to make. I take that back, I have to make some candles for a friends home. The colors are white, orange, and brown. I have to get on those ASAP. I want to sell to people that don't know me, don't get me wrong because selling candles to anyone is always great, but to sell to those that don't know you is a horse of a different color. I don't want to sound desperate, but I want this thing to take off and I know I have to put forth the effort, but what will it take? It seems daily I put forth an effort and it doesn't amount to anything. Something is all I ask for, that is all.


Yesterday, I was filmed making a candle. I thought that I didn't record me, the sound actually played once it was uploaded to the computer. The video was crazy, the materials that I use daily I couldn't recall the names of them. It made since, but I could see the mistakes on my face. Everyone is not for video and I think I may be one of those. What I will do is make a script and go through the motion of making a candle. I will upload that and then there will be a face to Betty's Only. I am somewhat apprehensive about that, but that is one of the necessary things. I may not be ready, but at least that we people can see that this is for real and not someone trying to get over on others. I am a young lady promoting her candle business. The funny thing about that is it has been in existence for a long time and now I am just getting in the swing of building and getting the name out to others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, and keep doing what you're doing. The tracks you leave on the internet take time to build up, and increase your profile. Keep commenting on blogs, making videos, using social networking sites like stumble, and over time you'll start building a profile and traffic. Lots of people get discouraged because it's not quick, but just hang in there!!!!

bettysonly said...

Thank you for your comment! I had a burst of energy the other day to get motivated. I know that anything worth having takes a little time to achieve. I will keep up the work and continue to build my product. The internet takes times and I know it will be worth it.

Trend Watch