Support Betty's Only

Friday, June 13, 2008

How Can I Sale My Candles?

I have over $300 in candles and I don't know a quick way to sell them. Some I have had for a while and others where just made a few days ago. I am somewhat at wits end. I have uploaded more and more to Etsy, but still now orders. I have been added as others favorites on Etsy. This is a step in the right direction. The people that add me as their favorite will likely purchase from me.

I have been taking pictures and working on that. I have also been searching candle, candle blogs, and candle making websites. Some have not been updated for a few years and others are building daily. I think taht I am not good with this tag thing. On stumble upon someone else other then me liked one of my sites. That is great! I also stumbled candle sites. I looked around to see what they had to offer. Actually, I am learning much about the industry. It takes money to make money and I am almost there. Think of where I see myself and build toward that goal.

This journey will be fun. I forgot that I got a myspace page. What is that about?

If you can give me some ideas to sell my products to the public please let me know! Actually, I may need more candles and candle accessories. I thought about Christmas in July. Let's see about that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your blog, you might want to focus your topics on what people who like candles would want to read. For instance, you could focus on writing about how to make candles, and put together some tutorials with pictures. Here are some blog posts:

1. Interesting ways to make unique candles
2. How to get the right scent
3. 10 Unusual tips of candles

Something like that. Then when you get people coming to your site, they have a reason, oh look this is interesting, and they will come back. Eventually people will buy some of your candles. That's probably oversimplifying it, but the more you can offer something to the reader that is about your product (without selling it outright). Then the more likely you can keep them there. People who think they want to make candles are probably a big market for you, because they will actually think about making them, but end up buying instead. Good luck!

bettysonly said...

You know you are right. Just this evening I was thinking about a how to post. I took some pictures of my work space and the beginnings of a specific candles. That will probably be my next post. A how to make post. I have to decide on what kind of candle I want to make. Something fun, but simple. Thanks for the assistance!

Trend Watch