Support Betty's Only

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Truth of the Matter Is

I don't know if I told you this, but if I did I am about to repeat it.

Betty's Only started back in Montgomery, AL while I was attending Alabama State University. I had a candle that I adored, but used up. I thought that I could remake the candle with the reminding wax and I was right. I went to a local craft store purchased a how to make candles book and materials and also some small jars. This is where is all began. I would make candles and take them to work with me, they would be all sold, or I would have orders to fill. The name comes in because I am Betty's only child. I have been doing this for more than 10 years, I believe. Slowly getting things in order and the time is now for things to get better.

www.bettysonly.blogspot.com started this summer. I thought that it would be interesting to have a blog about my candles and the road to promote and build. Etsy, I have been a member since December 07, but didn't start using it until April of this year. Having a web presence is interesting and rewarding all at the same time. I was just introduced to Twitter. I see many people interact and promote one another. Usint it I have learned much about this Internet thing.

I want to say thank you to all for reading and supporting me. I know sometimes I can be a bit much. I know I can get it done and learning is a major part of achieving success. I may be back later today. Thanks Twitter for introducing me to some wonderful people from different walks of life.

Here are some photos of some candles I will upload to Etsy. I need to have www.bettysonly.biz updated to represent the specific shapes and designs I offer. I have to brainstorm on how to get some candle lovers to purchase from the site. Follow me, I know I can learn from you and you may be able to learn from me too. :o)


Equilateral Upright

Frosted Jars


Mini Burning Heart

Swirling Tower

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your business. I hope that you will do well in your endeavor. I know I will be using Betty's Only for lots of my Christmas presents.

bettysonly said...

Thanks for reading. I am trying to get out there and do better. You know I procrastinate. I will stop and just put my best foot forward. Let me know what you would like. :)

Trend Watch